Saturday, April 17, 2010


ELECTIONS 2010 – LAST PART

In my previous “astrological” forecast, I concentrated only on five presidential candidates. The effort somehow showed my bias towards those whom I thought mattered.

As I explained in those forecasts, I had to research on their life histories since I must have their birth times; the various websites I went through merely indicated their dates and places of birth. Without the time of birth, no horoscope (or view of the hour) can be cast.

There is a method by which to determine times of birth, but the procedure is time consuming and a test of patience. In order to proceed, the researcher must come up with the significant events in the life history of his subject, such as dates of the deaths of loved ones, marriages, births of offsprings, appointments to top positions, etc. And then for every hypothesized time of birth, he has to test every event for significant planetary passages. Often times, to shortcut the process, so-called "solar charts" are computed, either by placing the Sun on the Rising Sign or the Midheaven. This method has also its limitations.

Fortunately, there is a software, JigSaw2, that lessens the tedium of going through the algorithms involved. Still the significant events are utilized, but then the process of testing them becomes faster.

My foray into the “rectification” of the five candidates I mentioned in my previous forecasts forced me to do researches on their lives. As I said above, this selective method betrays my apparent bias. I must correct the impression that, like opinion surveys, I do not care about the other candidates. Such impression does not do justice to my pretensions of being coldly analytical using mathematical procedures to support my findings. Then, I had to go through the process of collecting the significant events of the four other candidates.

To complete my research, these are the following birth data I obtained from JigSaw2 and used in my study of the 2010 elections. For those who know, they are free to correct my figures.

BENIGNO AQUINO III – 11:14 p.m., February 8, 1960, Manila, 14N35’ 121E00’
JOSEPH ESTRADA – 4:38 a.m., April 19, 1937, Manila, 14N35’ 121E00’
RICHARD GORDON – 4:13 a.m. August 5, 1945, Castillejos, Zambales, 14N56’ 120E12’
JAMBY MADRIGAL – 1:48 p.m., April 26, 1958, Manila, 14N35’ 121E00’
NICANOR PERLAS – 00:37 a.m., January 10, 1950, Manila, 14N35’ 121E00’
JOHN CARLOS DELOS REYES – 8:10 p.m., February 14, 1970, Olongapo City, 14N50’ 120E17’
GILBERTO TEODORO – 12:49 p.m., June 14, 1964, Manila, 14N35’ 121E00’
EDDIE VILLANUEVA – 2:44 a.m., October 6, 1946, Bocaue, Bulacan, 14N48’ 120E55’
MANUEL VILLAR – 8:25 a.m., December 13, 1949, Manila, 14N35’ 121E00’

The results of my computations are shown in the table above, based on a turnout of 40 million:

I realize that my so-called astrological forecast (without any character analysis) is rather farfetched as compared to the various results of the opinion surveys conducted during the campaign period. For instance, I cannot imagine Nick Perlas beating Noynoy Aquino, and Jamby Madrigal ahead of Dick Gordon. As well, my daughter will never forgive me for placing her favored candidate last. Much as I would like to rearrange the lineup, that would be doing a "Hello Garci" thing.

On the other hand, the character analyses done by my wife on some of the top four candidates would be an interesting reading. She interprets even the zodiac degrees of the planets in the horoscope; she has a number of books on esoteric astrology which she refers to in coming up with her astro-portraits. She may publish her character portraits in her blog at gcsolina.blogspot.com.

No comments: